FUTA Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Admission For 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for Direct Entry Admission into 200 Level Undergraduate Degree Programmes. It is full time, and runs for one academic session of Two (2) semesters.
DURING THE PROGRAMME, CANDIDATES WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING BASIC EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS
i. Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
ii. Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination.
iii. Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
CANDIDATES WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE ABOVE EXAMINATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS COMBINATIONS
*Physics, Chemistry, Biology *Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics *Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
*Geography, Mathematics, Economics *Physics, Geography, Mathematics *Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry
*Physics, Economics, Mathematics * Economics, Mathematics, Biology * Biology, Mathematics, Physics
FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN FUTA, ADMISSIONS COULD BE SOUGHT INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS AND DEPARTMENTS:
1. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT):
• Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE)
• Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology (AEC)
• Animal Production and Health (APH)
• Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP)
• Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM)
• Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology (FAT)
• Food Science Technology (FST)
• Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT) 2. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET):
• Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AGE)
• Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE)
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME)
• Mechanical Engineering (MEE)
• Mining Engineering (MNE)
• Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
3. SCHOOL OF SCIENCES (SOS):
• Biochemistry (BCH) *
• Biology (BIO)
• Chemistry (CHE)
• Mathematical Science (MTS)
• Microbiology (MCB)
• Physics (PHY)
• Statistics (STA) 4. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET):
• Architecture (ARC)
• Building Technology (BDT)
• Estate Management (ESM)
• Industrial Design (IDD)
• Quantity Surveying (QSV)
• Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG)
• Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
6. SCHOOL OF EARTH AND MINERAL SCIENCES (SEMS):
• Applied Geology (AGY)
• Applied Geophysics (AGP)
• Marine Science and Technology (MST)
• Meteorology & Climate Science (MCS)
• Remote Sensing & GIS (RSG) 7. SCHOOL OF HEALTH & HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (SHHT)
• Biomedical Technology (BMT)
• Human Anatomy (ANA)
• Physiology (PHS)
8. SCHOOL OF COMPUTING (SOC)
• Computer Science (CSC)
• Cyber-security (CSS)
• Information Technology (IFT)
• Information Systems (IFS)
• Software Engineering (SEN)
Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
Candidates should possess five O/Level Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science,/Animal Husbandry, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing and Further Mathematics relevant to their proposed course of study.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
1. Candidates are to visit www.futa.edu.ng. Click on CCE portal and UABS application to create an account.
2. Login into your account with your username and password, and click on payment to generate an invoice for the application form.
3. Candidates are to pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only excluding bank charges on either Remita platform OR e-transact in any bank of their choice.
4. Login to your account online to confirm payment and complete the online UABS application form. Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
5. The application opens on Monday, 4th June, 2018
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to www.futa.edu.ng
The listed help-lines could be contacted for clarification on issue bordering on the Programme during office hours only: 07061162814, 07056096340, 08074254379.